Runway to Real: Alexander McQueen Resort 2017

Sunday, October 02, 2016



Finding runway 'ready-to-wear' outfits that can actually translate into wearable pieces for us mere mortals is not always easy despite the label. However, for all its richness and luxury, it is incredibly easy to visualise the Alexander McQueen Resort 2017 collection into something I'd wear on a night out or a special occasion. I loved the seamless combinations of ruffles, knit, tweed, embroidery and leather. All gathered together by a chain of lively prints, exaggerated sleeves, a-line silhouettes with ankle boots and  lust-worthy jewellery to match. Every single creation combined soft feminine charm with high dozes of intricate drama to create looks that can be easily worn off the runway. 

If this long line of praises hasn't given me away, I'd like to share that this collection was also the inspiration behind the outfit pictured above. Acessorising this flared dress with ankle boots and a seriously OTT earcuff didn't cross my mind until I sat there day-dreaming about the doe-eyed models from McQueen's runway. Also, the shoe gods were on my side as unlike the usual ankle length boots that are always a little too loose, I managed to get my hands on this sock-style pair that has been dominant in the market this season.                                                                                                              

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. This dress is so beautiful! I like the rich print and colors and the style suits you as well. You look great, thanks for stopping by the blog.
    Modavracha | Fashion and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovelovelove this look for fall!

    xx

    P.S. I've never tried the Neutrogena Combination Skin Moisturizer myself; but I use numerous different Neutrogena skin products, and they all work amazingly well, so I imagine the Combination Skin Moisturizer will be fantastic for you!

    ReplyDelete