Going Baroque in Winter

Tuesday, June 28, 2016



I almost always incline towards dresses, skirts, peg trousers and in general, loose and breezy outfits. This preference however, usually leaves me with one pair of denims every winter to survive the cold. So this year, I intentionally focused on acquiring knit dresses, quite easy with the ongoing midi knits trend. I soon found out though that the choice remains fairly limited to neutral block colours despite the variety in hem lengths. That is why when I saw this baroque patterned knit dress on Asos, I decided to grab it immediately. 

Although I had imagined the dress to be longer, reaching my knees for a more elegant look, the baroque pattern manages to still makes a pretty picture. I decided to add the black choker band to make it a darker look, appealing to my sometimes edgier side. Last time I wore a gold choker with the intention of making it the standout piece, this year however, I have been admiring more delicate pieces which  highlights how much  my style has evolved over time. Loving this choker trend and cannot wait to experiment more with it!

Our previous post got featured amongst 20 other great reads! Check them out below! 
Links à la Mode, June 9
SPONSOR: Amazon's Shopbop Rachel Comey, MIKOH Swimwear, Temperley London Dresses, Lioness, Sydney Evan, Arik Kastan, Bridesmaid Dresses, Boyfriend Jeans, Lace Tops, Men's Etudes

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I love your dress! It looks beautiful on you.

    xo Azu

    www.raven-locks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress is so pretty! You look lovely.
    if you pick up dresses, glamchase prom dress for petite reviews gives you amazing choices.
    http://www.glamchase.co.uk

    ReplyDelete