3 Au Naturale Toners for Healthier Skin

Sunday, March 13, 2016


 As much as I hate to admit it, something about the cooler weather has a way of turning me completely off my skincare routine. This applies both to the products I use or rather the lack thereof as well as my inability to eat healthy and/or exercise. However, this year, the start to autumn has been rather hot and I have vowed to pay closer attention to my skincare needs. 

Here are three absolutely natural toners you can find in your pantry that work best for achieving super healthy skin.

1. Rose Water
Applying rose water to my face right before going to bed is not only great for my skin but also incredibly soothing. An application of chilled rose water leaves my skin glowing and fresh, not to mention smelling like a bouquet. A word of caution though, rose water can also be drying for the skin so it is best to use this in moderation.

2. Apple Cider Vinegar
A favourite that I swear by these days! Apply cider vinegar is perfect for when you've had a bad breakout or the acne scars are simply too stubborn to leave. This is thanks to its anti-bacterial properties. I like to dilute a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar with a tablespoon of water and apply at night after washing my face. When searching for your bottle of this god sent vinegar, look in the health food isle of your food store and pick a product that is raw and organic as this contains the all important 'mother'.

3. Tea Tree Oil
Another one for breakout sufferers, Tea Tree Oil has anti-inflammatory properties that prevent breakouts and also help dry out existing pimples. For regular use I like to dilute a few drops with some water or rose water and apply with a cotton ball. For exceptionally stubborn acne scars or pimples you can also apply the oil directly to the skin with a cotton bud.


So there it is, three cheap, easy to find toners that are extremely good for your skin. Time to say goodbye to the chemical laden products and go au naturale ladies!








You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Love this! Apple cider vinegar is one of my go-to products. It's a miracle worker, I swear!

    http://gypsysundayblog.com/

    ReplyDelete